Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sock Yarn Hats

Thank you very much for all of your kind enquiries about poorly me and poorly Mr Gingerbread. We're enjoying our state of poorliness as much as we can, drinking lots of tea and taking naps. We're getting better - aside from my taped-together toes and attention-mongering limp - and I fear we might even be getting fond of this wonderful not-quite-well-but-not-exactly-sick state and all its fringe benefits ("Sorry, we can't leave the house to spend the afternoon looking at your holiday photos: we're poorly.")

Because neither of us has to work and not much else is happening between Christmas and New Year, I can watch films and documentaries to my heart's content - and crochet till my fingers fall off. Oh, I am so in love with sock yarn. I have nothing to do but crochet, so I'm churning out a hat per day. Oh, joys (modelled, as always, by My Lovely Assistant Gladys):

 

 


















Gladys looks kind of jaunty in the bottom right-hand photo, she's sporting this hat with a kind of lopsided insouciance. You wear it, girl! (or cool words to that effect.)

4 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

Great hats. Hope you and your hubby continue to feel better. :)

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Glad you are on the mend and those hats are so awesome! I love the last one...my favorite colors. I haven't had to work, so have been holed up pretty much the same. Did go to see a movie yesterday, but today? back to lounging around and watching tv.....

glor said...

My goodness, catching up on blog reading and just read your past few posts, what a way to end the year. Glad that you are feeling better. You must have given Mr. G some fright. Thankfully you weren't hurt worse! The hats are great. I'll have to go look for some sock yarn. Happiness, health and prosperity in the New Year.

love2stitch said...

Keep getting better! Love the last hat... if it needs a new home or better head I still have my home mailing address in Germany...